OctoberVET events aim to showcase VET research and promote discussion between VET stakeholders about research needs. A number of OctoberVET events have been announced for Victoria, Northern Territory and Queensland. Other events are firming for South Australia, New South Wales and Western Australia.
Confirmed 2019 events are as follows:
Victoria: Applied Research and Innovation in TAFE
• Host: Victorian TAFE Association
• Date: 4 October, 12:15 – 1:15 pm
• Venue: Online Webinar
• Enquiries: Dr Arnaldo Barone (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Flyer: Attached
• Registration: https://www.ivvy.com.au/event/R19065/ (note that registrations close Thursday 3 October)
Queensland: Putting the ‘Teach’ Back into Teaching
• Hosts: Central Queensland University (CQU), Griffith University & TAFE Queensland
• Date: 14 October, 12:00 noon – 1:30 pm
• Venue: Online event (via Zoom, Skype or Lync)
• Enquiries: Deniese Cox (email@example.com)
• Flyer: Attached
• No registration necessary. Simply dial in on the day. Please see the flyer for attendance options.
Queensland: Supporting workforces during industry transition: Key elements for success
• Host: Jobs Queensland
• Date: 16 October, 12:30 – 1:30 pm
• Venue: Online Webinar
• Enquiries: Sean Felsman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Registration: https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/Q5XNCVAGg5fqWPYkCJPZU0?domain=jobsqueensland.qld.gov.au
Northern Territory: Future of VET Teaching
• Host: Charles Darwin University
• Date: 17 October, 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
• Venue: Room Red 1 Level 3 (above the cafeteria), Casuarina Campus, Charles Darwin University, Ellengowan Drive, Casuarina.
• Enquiries: Dr Louise King (email@example.com)
• Flyer: Attached
• Registration: This event is free and open to the Darwin VET community. However, registration through Eventbrite is essential due to room size.
Victoria: Degrees of Difference (Interim Report Launch for the Australian Research Council Discovery Project Vocational Institutions, Undergraduate Degrees)
• Host: VET Development Centre
• Date: 29 October, 2:00 – 5:00 pm
• Venue: VET Development Centre, Level 8, 379 Collins Street, Melbourne
• Enquiries: Leah Micallef (Leah.Micallef@monash.edu)
• Registration: To register to attend in person or watch the event online please go to: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/vocational-institutions-undergraduate-degrees-interim-report-launch-registration-68460044837
Victoria: Showcasing Applied Research in TAFE
• Host: Holmesglen Institute
• Date: 30 October, 9:00 am – 3:45 pm
• Venue: Conference Centre, Holmesglen Institute Chadstone Campus, Corner Batesford & Warrigal Roads, Chadstone
• Enquiries: Joe Pagnoccolo (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Holmesglen’s Centre for Applied Research and Innovation, in conjunction with AVETRA, presents
OctoberVET at Holmesglen: Showcasing Applied Research in TAFE
• Speakers Mary Faraone, Bruce Mackenzie (MRI) and Andrew Williamson (Vic TAFE Assoc.)
• Sessions showcasing research projects from across the sector
• Research snapshots from leading applied researchers
• See applied research created by staff and students in TAFE.
• Partnerships between TAFE and organisations such as EastLink and the RCH
The research to be showcased at this conference not only recognises our achievements but also sets the parameters for further research: it demonstrates how TAFE contributes to the development of industry and to a more vibrant community.
• Demonstrations of new tech such as VR and their application to education and training
• Networking with other attendees
• Book launch of VTA’s ‘Doing Applied Research in Victorian TAFE Institutes.’
This event is free, registration is essential at https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/showcasing-applied-research-in-tafe-tickets-76196087549.
Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea will be provided.
Other events being planned – more details to come:
• Edith Cowan University, Western Australia, 1 November (organised by Associate Professor Llandis Barratt-Pugh: email@example.com)
• La Trobe University, Victoria, 8 November (organised by Dr Karen O’Reilly-Briggs: firstname.lastname@example.org)
• NCVER, South Australia (organised by Dr Josie Misko: email@example.com)
• Federation University, Victoria (organised by Professor Erica Smith: firstname.lastname@example.org)
If you are interested in running an OctoberVET event, please email or call Steven Hodge (email@example.com / 0421224474).
Please CLICK HERE for more information
Australasian Vocational Education and Training Research Association
AVETRA’s 23rd Annual Conference
Thursday & Friday 23rd – 24th April 2020, Melbourne
'20/20 vision for VET: Research at the centre of future policy and practice'Keynote speakers confirmed so far Professor Stephanie Allais - Research Chair of Skills Development, University of the Witwatersrand and Special Advisor to the Minister of Higher Education and Training. Professor Rod McDonald - Principal, Ithaca Consulting and former Special Advisor to the Australian National Training Authority; author of seminal report on VET research: No Small Change. Further keynote speakers and expert panellists to be announced A Call for Papers will be issued soon
Likely registration costs (to be confirmed):Full Conference: Non-members $425/AVETRA Members $350; Single Day: Non-members $225/AVETRA Members $175More details will be posted on the AVETRA website www.avetra.org.au For conference and sponsorship enquiries: AVETRA2020@federation.edu.au
Sponsors confirmed so far: VET Development Centre; Federation University.
Watch this space for more details.......
For conference enquiries: AVETRA2020@federation.edu.au
Joining AVETRA now provides membership till the end of 2020.
To join, email: firstname.lastname@example.org