2000 AVETRA Conference
Future Research, Research Futures
23-24 March 2000
Rydges, London Circuit, Canberra
The 2000 AVETRA Conference was held on 23 and 24 March 2000 at Rydges, Canberra. The conference provided an opportunity for all those interested in VET and VET research to focus on future research needs and the future of research in the sector.
The conference program will include around 80 papers (some 30 more than previous years) as well as a number of innovative workshops and other sessions on research methods.
The conference sought to map and describe research conducted by universities, TAFE Institutes, other VET providers, Industry Training Advisory Bodies (ITABs), private consultants, unions and teachers, trainers and students to examine the implications of such diversity on:
- the changing nature of work – implications for VET policy and practice
- emerging technologies – can research support planning and the delivery of training?
- the internationalisation of VET
- enterprise and educational innovation
- flexible delivery approaches – evaluating outcomes and informing learning
- research and technology, using technology in research – implications for researchers and the researched.