OctoberVET Update # 2!
As more OctoberVET events are confirmed we will update the events calendar. Key details are now available for events in South Australia, Western Australia and Queensland. Two Victorian events have also been confirmed.
OctoberVET 2015 Events Calendar
South Australia: Using data to inform policy on education and training
- Speakers: John Stanwick (NCVER), Patrick Lim (NCVER) and Alison Anlezark (NCVER)
- Date and time: 9 October, 9.15am
- Venue: Lecture Room 6.12, 6th Floor Hawke Building, University of South Australia, 57 North Terrace, Adelaide
- Registration: Free – but please RSVP to Josie Misko (firstname.lastname@example.org) as places are limited
- Flyer link: NCVER OctoberVET Event
Western Australia: Foundation Skills – the New VET Frontier?
- Date: 9 October
- Venue: Central Institute of Technology, Northbridge Campus, Northbridge
- Registration: Free
Queensland: Making great learning and teaching practice happen through Participatory Action Research
- Date and time: 16 October, 1 – 5pm
- Venue: Rooms C4304-4305, TAFE Queensland Brisbane, South Bank Campus, 66 Ernest Street, South Brisbane
- Registration: Free
Victoria: Unearthing the Digital Landscape: Innovating Pedagogic Practice in VET
- Speaker: Leo Gregorc (VET Development Centre)
- Date and time: 20 October, 6-8pm (registrations from 5.30pm)
- Venue: Rydges Melbourne, Level 1, 186 Exhibition St, Melbourne
- Registration: Free – but register online by 13 October
- Flyer and registration link: VET Development Centre OctoberVET Event
Victoria: Architectures for apprenticeship: Achieving economic and social goals (an OctoberVET event in conjunction with the International Network on Innovative Apprenticeship Conference).
- Speakers: Paul Comyn (ILO), Raymond Patel (MERSETA), Stephen Billett (Griffith University) and Simon Birmingham (Senator, Assistant Minister for Education and Training)
- Dates: 1-2 September
- Venue: Federation University, Mt Helen Campus, Ballarat
- Registration fee applies – please follow link below for details
- Flyer link: INAP-OctoberVET 2015 Flyer
- Registration link: www.federation.edu.au/inap
Join AVETRA Now – click here
AVETRA is Australia’s only national, independent association for research in vocational education and training, brings together research stakeholders and researchers from the TAFE, university, industry and government sectors. We have a number of different sections within this site, all accessed via the Navigation menu on the top of this page.If you would like information about membership benefits and how to join please click here.You will find information about our upcoming Annual Conference here and you can access information about AVETRA publications and past conference archives here.